Friday, September 28, 2012

Weekly Update - Sept. 28, 2012 & Gothic in October

I have a feeling doing these weekly updates will keep me from stringing books out for so long...I hate that nearly all of the books I was currently reading last week are still on here!

I also decided to sign up for the Gothic in October event. I'm doing the readalong of Ann Radcliff's The Italian that Jean at Howling Frog Books is hosting. I'm also participating in Delaisse's event, which includes reading a gothic work from the 18th, 19th, and 20th centuries. The Italian meets the 18th, then I'm reading some stories from my complete works of Poe for the 19th and probably The Shining by Stephen King for the 20th. I'm also planning on reading a few Agatha Christie novels in October, as one of my goals is read through all of her books in order. I've read many of them, but have lost track of which ones and I read many of them in junior high so I probably don't remember them anyway!

Update from last week:

  • Books I'm currently reading:

    • Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling
    • Lies My Teacher Told Me by James Loewen
    • The Rise of Rome by Anthony Everitt
    • The Greek Myths by Robert Graves
    • The Convert by Deborah Baker
    • Broken Harbor by Tana French
    • All Road Lead to Austen by Amy Smith
  • Upcoming reads:

    • Tom Jones by Henry Fielding
    • The Game of Kings by Dorothy Dunnett
    • No Easy Day by Mark Owen (this may be more of a skim - I'm just curious)
    • The Italian by Ann Radcliffe
    • The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling as soon as it comes in from the library!!! I'm in the first group so hopefully it will be soon!
  • Books finished: (Reviews coming soon! Also, I'm reading more YA right now to help me research agents and write my query letter, so that's why there are so many!)

    • Penelope by Rebecca Harrington
    • Kill You Last by Todd Strasser
    • Matched by Ally Condie
    • Twenty Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler (don't judge by the title!)
    • Smack by Melvin Burgess
  • Posts this week:

  • Books abandoned:

    • None this week, although I did have to return a few to the library unread. :(

    No comments:

    Post a Comment